- Parents can watch the games from the upstairs balcony
- Players should arrive at least 10 minutes before their game-time and are to stay in the gym waiting area until their game time slot. If there is an open court on one side they can begin to warm-up until their game time slot.
- Players should not bring a basketball to their games. We will provide the basketballs.
- Games are played in the half court on the main basket. Court A nearest to the waiting area and Court B farthest.
- Grades K-2 play on the 9ft basket.
- Grades 3 and up on the 10ft basket.
- Grades K-5 use the 28.5 basketball.
- Grades 6 and up use the 29.5 basketball.
- All girls divisions use the 28.5 basketball.
- Coin toss determines who starts the game with the ball. Home team gets to choose.
- 1st Team listed is the Home team and wears (White Jersey). 2nd team listed is the Away team and wears (Dark Jersey).
- Rosters cannot change after the official posting of final rosters.
- A team that shows up with 2 or less players will deem an automatic forfeit.
- 1st Overtime is 1 minute. 2nd Overtime is 30 seconds. 3rd Overtime is first team to score.
Each team is awarded 1 one minute timeout for the game. There are no added timeouts in overtime.
- Substitutions will take place every 3 minutes or 10 points. Substitutions can only be made on the announcement by the scorekeeper/Referee. Once announced players must sub themselves. We will monitor and help with subs to make sure everyone gets a lot of playing time and substitutions are running smoothly. Substitutions can only be made on a dead ball situation in which the ref calls for subs or a timeout. Players can substitute themselves on a timeout only in the last 2 minutes.
- Player subbing in for shooter must inform the scoretable/ref. If the shooter misses the free throw the player must sit by the scorers table for the next dead ball and may then sub in for the shooter.
- Teams can sub on a timeout only under 2 minutes left in the second half. The bench or players on the floor can notify the ref or the scorekeeper if they want to use a timeout.
- Teams are to sub themselves. 5th grade and under will get some assistance on subbing. The clock runs on subs except on a timeout or the last 30 seconds of the game. Delay in subbing will result in a "delay of game" warning. On a second time it becomes a technical foul on the team resulting in an automatic 2 point for the opposing team.
- Games are scored by 2's and 3's.
- Games are 18 minute running clock. Clock stops on a dead ball the last 30 seconds of the 1st and 2nd halves. There is a 1 minute halftime break at the 9 minute mark.
- There is no make it take it. After a made basket possession changes.
- Ball must be checked (bounce pass 5ft away from defender guarding the offensive player) from the top of the key to start a possession on any made baskets. Once offense receives the checked ball it is live and the defender who passed it can begin to guard that player.
- On initial check ball everyone must guard their man.
- Ball is live after the check. The ball does not have to be passed in once the defender has checked it.
- Teams must clear the ball on a change of possession behind the 3 point line no matter if a shot was attempted or not. Both feet and the ball must be behind the 3 point line. Exception to this rule is if there is a change of possession and the ball goes out bounds on the baseline the ball does not need to be cleared.
- For Divisions Grades K-2 No Trapping/Double Teaming is allowed
- A foul on a 2 point field goal attempt will result in one free throw which counts for 2 points if made. A foul on a 3 point field goal attempt will result in one free throw which counts for 3 points if made. Ball is live on the release.
- 7 team fouls per half result in 1 and 1 free throws and double bonus occurs on 10 fouls resulting in 2 free throws
- Players get 5 fouls. Teams with 4 or more players have foul-outs on 5 fouls. Teams with 3 players there are no foul-outs however on the 5th foul and every foul after becomes an automatic 2 points. Regular team fouls and bonus situations stay in effect aside from the player(s) with 5 or more personal fouls.
- For Grades 5 and under - when there is a 15 point lead the defense must stay behind the three point line. The team winning by more than 15 points must pass 5 times before they take a shot.
- For Grades 6 and over - when there is a 20 point lead the defense must stay behind the three point line.
- Technical Fouls are an automatic 2 points to the opposing team.
- All Illinois High School Association Rules are in effect aside from the above rules