- All games take place at the Winnetka Community House 620 Lincoln Ave. Winnetka.
- Players should not bring a basketball to their games. We will provide the basketballs.
- Games are played in the half court. Courts will be labeled 1, 2, 3, and 4.
- Grades K-1 play on the 8ft basket.
- Grades 2 and up on the 10ft basket.
- Grades K-5 use the 28.5 basketball.
- Grades 6 and up use the 29.5 basketball.
- All girls divisions use the 28.5 basketball.
- Coin toss determines who starts the game with the ball. Home team gets to choose.
- 1st Team listed is the Home team and wears (White Jersey). 2nd team listed is the Away team and wears (Dark Jersey).
- Rosters cannot change after the official posting of final rosters.
- A team that shows up with 2 or less players then the game will be played 2 against 3. If both teams show up with 2 players then the game is played 2 against 2. If a team shows up with 1 player then it is a forfeit.
- 1st Overtime is 1 minute. 2nd Overtime is 30 seconds. 3rd Overtime is first team to score.
Each team is awarded 1 one minute timeout for the game. There are no added timeouts in overtime.
- Substitutions will take place every 3 minutes or 10 points. Substitutions can only be made on the announcement by the scorekeeper/Referee. Once announced players must sub themselves. We will monitor and help with subs to make sure everyone gets a lot of playing time and substitutions are running smoothly. Substitutions can only be made on a dead ball situation in which the ref calls for subs or a timeout. Players can substitute themselves on a timeout only in the last 2 minutes.
- Player subbing in for shooter must inform the scoretable/ref. If the shooter misses the free throw the player must sit by the scorers table for the next dead ball and may then sub in for the shooter.
- Teams can sub on a timeout only under 1 minute left in the second half. The bench or players on the floor can notify the ref or the scorekeeper if they want to use a timeout.
- Teams are to sub themselves. 5th grade and under will get some assistance on subbing. The clock runs on subs except on a timeout. Delay in subbing will result in a "delay of game" warning. On a second time it becomes a technical foul on the team resulting in an automatic 2 point for the opposing team.
- Games are scored by 2's and 3's.
- Games are 18 minute running clock. Clock stops on a dead ball the last 30 seconds of the 1st and 2nd halves. There is a 1 minute halftime break at the 9 minute mark.
- There is no make it take it. After a made basket possession changes.
- Ball must be checked (bounce pass 5ft away from defender guarding the offensive player) from the top of the key to start a possession on any made baskets. Once offense receives the checked ball it is live and the defender who passed it can begin to guard that player.
- On initial check ball everyone must guard their man.
- Ball is live after the check. The ball does not have to be passed in once the defender has checked it.
- Teams must clear the ball on a change of possession behind the 3 point line no matter if a shot was attempted or not. Both feet and the ball must be behind the 3 point line. Exception to this rule is if there is a change of possession and the ball goes out bounds on the baseline the ball does not need to be cleared.
- For Divisions Grades K-2 No Trapping/Double Teaming is allowed
- A foul on a 2 point field goal attempt will result in one free throw which counts for 2 points if made. A foul on a 3 point field goal attempt will result in one free throw which counts for 3 points if made. Ball is live on the release.
- 7 team fouls per half result in 1 and 1 free throws and double bonus occurs on 10 fouls resulting in 2 free throws.
- Last 30 seconds of the game goes to 2 team fouls then bonus. The 7 team foul rule does not stay in effect once the last 30 seconds begins unless the team is already at 6 teams fouls. Then next one is the bonus.
- Players get 5 fouls. Teams with 4 or more players have foul-outs on 5 fouls. Teams with 3 players there are no foul-outs however on the 5th foul and every foul after becomes an automatic 2 points. Regular team fouls and bonus situations stay in effect aside from the player(s) with 5 or more personal fouls.
- For Grades 5 and under - when there is a 15 point lead the defense must stay behind the three point line. The team winning by more than 15 points must pass 5 times before they take a shot.
- For Grades 6 and over - when there is a 20 point lead the defense must stay behind the three point line.
- Technical Fouls are an automatic 2 points to the opposing team.
- All Illinois High School Association Rules are in effect aside from the above rules
League Covid-19 Protocol
- We follow Illinois Covid-19 guidelines under the Restore Illinois Protocol
- Children are expected to follow all their school Covid/Quarantine policies
- Teams are to arrive no more than 5 minutes before gametime. Entrance is from the village lot off of Lincoln ave.
- Players should stay lined up social distanced along the railing which will start at the bottom of the stairwell that leads to the basketball court. League manager will check each player in and only once the courts have cleared will the next group of teams be allowed in.
- Each participant will be given a quick screening. A contact free temperature check and question about any “feeling sick” symptoms of the last 24 hours. Player must be symptom free and have a temperature under 100.4 to participate.
- Masks are mandatory for players and spectators.
- Players on the bench will be social distanced.
- 1 Spectator allowed per player
- Parents/Players must make sure their hands have been disinfected prior and after participation.
Players should bring the following with them: mask, bag that has their sports drink/water. Sports Drink/Water bottle should never be shared.
- Players should not bring a basketball. Each team will be given a basketball to warm up with.
Game and warm-up basketballs will be disinfected after each game.
- At the conclusion of each game there wont be the traditional "hand shake" line to limit contact. Teams will gather in a circle to say "good game" with some final comments from the ref regarding the game.
- If teams have a break in between games they should stay social distanced in the spectator area (upper balcony).