- All games take place at the Winnetka Community House 620 Lincoln Ave. Winnetka.
- Players should not bring a basketball to their games. We will provide the basketballs.
- Games are played in the half court. Courts will be labeled Court A and Court B.
- Grades K-1 play on the 8ft basket.
- Grades 2 and up on the 10ft basket.
- Grades K-5 use the 28.5 basketball.
- Grades 6 and up use the 29.5 basketball.
- All girls divisions use the 28.5 basketball.
- Coin toss determines who starts the game with the ball. Home team gets to choose.
- 1st Team listed is the Home team and wears (White Jersey). 2nd team listed is the Away team and wears (Dark Jersey).
- Rosters cannot change after the official posting of final rosters.
- A team that shows up with 2 or less players then the game will be played 2 against 3. Discretion of the team with the 3 or more players to choose if they would want to play 2 vs 2 against a team that has 2 players show. If both teams show up with 2 players then the game is played 2 against 2. If a team shows up with 1 player then it is a forfeit.
- 1st Overtime is 1 minute. 2nd Overtime is 30 seconds. 3rd Overtime is first team to score.
Each team is awarded 1 one minute timeout for the game. There are no added timeouts in overtime.
- Substitutions will take place every 3 minutes. Substitutions can only be made on the announcement by the scorekeeper/Referee. Once announced players must sub themselves. We will monitor and help with subs to make sure everyone gets a lot of playing time and substitutions are running smoothly. Substitutions can only be made on a dead ball situation in which the ref calls for subs or a timeout. Players can substitute themselves on a timeout only in the last 2 minutes.
- Player subbing in for shooter must inform the scoretable/ref. If the shooter misses the free throw the player must sit by the scorers table for the next dead ball and may then sub in for the shooter.
- Teams can sub on a timeout only under 1 minute left in the second half. The bench or players on the floor can notify the ref or the scorekeeper if they want to use a timeout.
- Teams are to sub themselves. 5th grade and under will get some assistance on subbing. The clock runs on subs except on a timeout. Delay in subbing will result in a "delay of game" warning. On a second time it becomes a technical foul on the team resulting in an automatic 2 point for the opposing team.
- Games are scored by 2's and 3's.
- Games are 18 minute running clock. Clock stops on a dead ball the last 30 seconds of the 1st and 2nd halves. There is a 1 minute halftime break at the 9 minute mark.
- There is no make it take it. After a made basket possession changes.
- Ball must be checked (bounce pass 5ft away from defender guarding the offensive player) from the top of the key to start a possession on any made baskets. Once the ball has bounced the player checking can begin to guard but cannot touch the ball until offense has secured it.
- Ball is live after the check. The ball does not have to be passed in once the defender has checked it.
- On initial check ball everyone must guard their man.
- Teams must clear the ball on a change of possession behind the 3 point line no matter if a shot was attempted or not. Both feet and the ball must be behind the 3 point line. Exception to this rule is if there is a change of possession and the ball goes out bounds on the baseline the ball does not need to be cleared.
- For Divisions Grades K-2 No Trapping/Double Teaming is allowed
- A foul on a 2 point field goal attempt will result in one free throw which counts for 2 points if made. A foul on a 3 point field goal attempt will result in one free throw which counts for 3 points if made. Ball is live on the release.
- 7 team fouls per half result in 1 and 1 free throws and double bonus occurs on 10 fouls resulting in 2 free throws.
- Last 30 seconds of the game goes to 2 team fouls then bonus. The 7 team foul rule does not stay in effect once the last 30 seconds begins unless the team is already at 6 teams fouls. Then next one is the bonus.
- Players get 5 fouls. Teams with 4 or more players have foul-outs on 5 fouls. Teams with 3 players there are no foul-outs however on the 5th foul and every foul after becomes an automatic 2 points. Regular team fouls and bonus situations stay in effect aside from the player(s) with 5 or more personal fouls.
- For Grades 5 and under - when there is a 15 point lead the defense must stay behind the three point line. The team winning by more than 15 points must pass 5 times before they take a shot.
- For Grades 6 and over - when there is a 20 point lead the defense must stay behind the three point line.
- Technical Fouls are an automatic 2 points to the opposing team.
- All Illinois High School Association Rules are in effect aside from the above rules